I've been wanting to try these Tarte LipSurgence™ (tee hee, I love typing that little ™) pencils since they first came out, but there was no way I was paying $24 for one of them. And then, lo and behold, this set shows up at Sephora. Five full size LipSurgence™ (man, that will never get old.) Natural Lip Tints for $29 (!!). So, yeah, of course I ordered it. I felt like that guy on the DirecTV commercial with the tiny giraffe.
Look at that shiny, glittery package. Oooooh, aaaaah.... You know how I am with shiny glittery things.
The set comes with five shades: Glitzy, Perky, Flashy, Swank and Dazzled. These shades are exclusive to this set.
Look how pretty the tubes are! They're all glittery and iridescent. These are twist-up pencils, by the way; no sharpening necessary.
I've been using these at least once a day for a couple weeks now and I can't say that my lips feel any different or... moister (is moister even a word?), but still... Really like these.
So, my thoughts.
What I liked:
- You get five full size (0.1 oz) LipSurgence™ (bahahahaha) Lip Tints for $29- and one by itself cost $24.
- The pencils add a nice sheer, glossy color, though not as glossy as an actual gloss.
- They don't make my lips feel dry like lipstick or lip stain.
- No sharpener required.
- Cute sparkly tubes.
- Nice subtle peppermint tingle when first applied.
- Pretty packaging, great for gifting.
- Really don't like the color of Flashy on me.
- Didn't make my lips 6,000% more moist.
- The peppermint scent is pretty faint.
- The 'sparkle'/lustre shades really aren't sparkly at all, just a subtle shimmer.
- Colors are kinda boring.
I'm glad I got this set. I really like these. Would I pay $24 for one? No freakin' way. They're only 0.1 oz! But if they did another value set, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. These are easy to wear, last a long time on the lips, aren't overly dark or cakey like some lipsticks and they feel really nice on my lips.
I got my Tarte Lip Service Limited-Edition LipSurgence™ Collection from Sephora. $29 for the set. Limited edition.