Still putting together your Sephora Friends and Family order? Here's another special Holiday gift idea from Anastasia. I've previously reviewed the Anastasia Illumin8 shadows and loved them, and now there's a whole palette of them for only $32! Plus, it's quite similar to that big neutral palette that everyone is crazy about. Have a look at what's inside...
The palette contains nine 0.025oz Illumin8 Eyeshadows, a mini (0.1oz) Lash Lifting mascara in Black, a mini (0.085oz) Clear Brow Gel and a double-ended brush.
Closeup of the shadows, feel free to enlarge.
Closeup of the brow gel and mascara minis.
Shadows swatched over bare skin (no primer), with flash and without.
What I liked:
- Good value.
- Easy-to-wear, work appropriate neutrals.
- Brow gel is amazing.
- Palette is attractive, sturdy and doesn't take up much space.
- Palette comes with a brush.
- Shadows have a nice formula, good pigmentation and contain skincare ingredients.
- It's all I waaaaant, it's all I waaaaaaaant, it's all I waaaaaant, it's all I want, ya ya ya ya ya!
- The Lash Lifting mascara does nothing for me and it's a little dry.
- Everything in the palette is warm and BROWN! No real variety.
- Shadow formula seems more powdery and slightly less pigmented than the full size Illumin8 shadows I tried.
- Brush is scratchy.
Overall, I like the palette, but I wish it weren't only neutrals! Like the Naked palette, a lot of the colors in here are just a bit too warm for me to wear easily. But, if you're warm toned, you may love this.
Let me talk to you about the brow gel really quick. This stuff ROCKS. I've been using Anastasia Clear Brow Gel for months and now I can't be without it. I was skeptical at first, thinking... Brow gel? Boring. Useless. Why would I need that? But that tiny, simple little thing- just a little bit of clear gel on the brows- is the secret to making my unruly brows look perfect. It's true... look.
Anyway, the Anastasia All Eye Want palette is available now at Sephora, $32. It is limited edition.
(This was sent to me for review.)
(PS. This song is stuck in my head now.)