The Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary palette is a really special one. I think this is my favorite one so far... Well, aside from the Alice in Wonderland Book Of Shadows, but that's different.
The palette comes nestled in a luxurious-looking purple velvet tray. The tray isn't flimsy plastic coated in velvet, it's actually really sturdy and can definitely be used for other purposes once you remove the palette.
They really went all-out on the design of this one. It's a black chrome box with ornate designs on the sides and a purple Urban Decay logo gem on the top. Inside the lid is a mirror.
The shadows are on their own tray which can be removed so you can can use the pretty chrome case as a jewelry box . It's actually a good shape and size to store a few small items like eyeliners underneath the shadow tray.
The shadows: Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow, Chase, Tainted, Junkshow, Omen, Evidence, Deep End, Deeper, M.I.A., Ace, Blackout, Half Truth.
A couple different angles to show the shimmer and glitter in each of the shadows. You can enlarge them if you'd like.
Deeper, M.I.A., Ace, Blackout, Half Truth.
Here's a look I did using some of these shades:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Midnight 15 on lid
Chase on outer lid
M.I.A. in crease and on lower lashline
Vanilla on browbone
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner in Moss
Cover Girl Lash Blast
Overall, really good palette. Not entirely without flaws, but nothing major.
What I liked:
- Great color selection- warm, cool, neutral, browns, brights, greys. Really good variety.
- Most shades seem better pigmented and softer then previous palettes.
- Midnight 15 looks like Verve from the Rollergirl palette (which I loved).
- Junkshow doesn't have the pigmentation issues that Woodstock had.
- AMAZING packaging.
- Seriously... did you see the packaging?
- Some of the shades had severe fallout issues, beyond normal expected fallout. Evidence was the worst of these.
- Some of the shades aren't as pigmented and don't apply as nicely (Evidence, Tainted, Deep End, Blackout, Half Truth.)
- The palette is rather slippery... Almost pushed it off my vanity a few times!
- Some of the shades look like existing shades but they're all supposed to be exclusive.