These were just a cute little thing I spotted while grocery shopping last week. Can I not shop for groceries without coming home with a polish or a lipgloss? Guess not! :D It was the scents and the bright packaging that attracted me to these. Couldn't resist.
They're called Maybelline Baby Lips and they're a "clinical strength" (that makes it sound like a deodorant or something) eight-hour moisture balm with SPF20. The ones I got are Pink Punch and Peach Kiss.
Peach Kiss is a sheer, slightly brown peach with silvery shimmer.
Pink Punch is a sheer hot pink tint with no shimmer.
Applied heavily. Peach Kiss on the left, Pink Punch on the right.
What I liked:
- Very moisturizing! Makes my lips feel comfortable even after they've worn away.
- Nicely scented. I prefer the fruit punch scent of Pink Punch over the weaker peach scent of Peach Kiss.
- Cute, functional packaging; clear lid with a twist-up balm allows you to see the color.
- Inexpensive; these were around $3, though I don't recall the exact dollar amount.
- Comes in a variety of scents and colors including clear (possibly unscented) and a clear cooling version.
- Has pretty high SPF, bonus.
- Adds a good amount of color for a balm.
- The flavor of the SPF ingredients is VERY STRONG. Wish it wasn't so prominent. I generally don't mind the sunscreen flavor, but it overpowers the fruit scent in these.
- Peach Kiss is hideous on me. I have fairly reddish pigmented lips and so the sheer dirty peach shimmer just looks... gross. Would not recommend if you have similar coloration.
- The name 'Baby Lips' creeps me out.