Milani has a special limited edition product out for summer- Color Play Felt-Tip Liquid Pens. They work great as waterproof liquid eyeliner pens, but you can also use them to create waterproof face and body art. There are six colors available:
Black Line, Blue Definition, Pink Point, Jaded Edge, Grey Strokes, White Line
- The felt tip is nice and thin with a sharp point, good for creating crisp lines.
- Cool colors. You don't see pink eyeliner very often.
- Some of the colors are opaque and don't require multiple coats (the white has surprisingly good coverage).
- Waterproof and smudgeproof.
- Quick dry time.
- Some of the colors require multiple coats to become opaque.
- When applying multiple coats, the formula has a tendency to ball up and get noticeably chunky/clumpy.
- If too much product is applied, the line will flake.
- The felt tip is unusually stiff and has very little give to it. It makes a sharp line but doesn't flex comfortably. Don't poke yourself.
- I think the regular Eye Tech liquid pens are more opaque and easier to use compared to these.
- They're limited edition and can be hard to find in stores.
Overall, good but not great. The black, grey and green are my favorites. The pink was the one I was looking forward to the most, but it's disappointingly sheer. I really like Milani's chubbier Eye Tech felt tip pens so I had high hopes for the Color Play pens, but they just weren't as opaque and smooth as I'd anticipated. I haven't tried these for face or body art, but I can see them working well for that purpose because of the sharp tip, wet texture and quick-dry waterproof formula.
These are limited edition but I haven't been able to find them in any store in my area. Luckily, they are available online via Milani's website, $6.99 for each 0.02 fl oz pen.
(This was sent for review.)