As part of their huge spring collection, Milani introduced two new mascaras: Total Lash Cover and Runway Lashes. I'm a big fan of drugstore brand mascaras, so I was pretty excited to try these. Have a look!
MILANI TOTAL LASH COVER MASCARA
"TOTAL LASH COVER MASCARA with 3 Zone Brush (SRP $4.99) provides multi-performance coverage. Split into 3 zones the brush defines, builds, and curls lashes. This long-lasting, non-clumping formula feels comfortable for all day wear. Available in 1 shade. Only available at select Walmart stores."
Look at that freaky brush. Isn't it crazy? It's Milani's special 3 Zone Brush and it was very sad when I had to put that 90s-looking neon pink and green masterpiece into the tube and cover up the awesome with black mascara. The spiky pink plastic part does a great job of separating lashes and preventing them from clumping. The green and clear sections deposit a good amount of mascara onto the lashes and build pretty decent volume without clumping.
Lashes without mascara
Lashes with two coats of Milani Total Lash Cover Mascara in Black
MILANI RUNWAY LASHES MASCARA
"RUNWAY LASHES Instant Volume Mascara (SRP $4.99) the classic shaped, soft bristle brush gives instant volume, length & curl. The formula is long-lasting, smear-proof and does not clump. Paraben-free. Available in 1 shade. Only available at select Walmart stores."
Runway Lashes has a normal mascara brush. No crazy shapes, no big spiky rubber bristles, just a straightforward spiral design with short, dense bristles. The formula of this is rather wet so it builds more volume than the Total Lash Cover, but the short, dense bristles don't comb through the lashes as much and can promote clumping contrary to the "does not clump" product claim.
Lashes without mascara
Lashes with two coats of Milani Runway Lashes Mascara in Black
- Both mascaras have attractive packaging. I especially love the holographic lettering on the Runway Lashes tube!
- Both mascaras performed really well. Good length, decent volume, easy to apply without being too wet and messy or too dry and chunky.
- They're cheap!
- That 3 Zone brush is crazy in the best way possible. Too bad it doesn't stay neon after you put it in the tube!
- The Total Lash Cover is great at separating and defining lashes and preventing clumps. It's like it has a built-in lash comb.
- I didn't experience any eye irritation, smudging, flaking or other negative reaction while using either of these.
- The short-bristled brush on the Runway Lashes mascara can cause the lashes to clump together. Keep a lash comb handy.
- While both mascaras gave me better volume than some other similar drugstore mascaras I've tried, I still want more! I like big, fat, fake-looking lashes and these are good but don't give me that huge lash look.
- They're Walmart exclusives.
Overall, I like both mascaras enough to finish the tubes, and I think they're definitely worth the $4.99 price tag, but neither of them are replacing Lash Blast as my favorite mascara. Good, but not amazing or life-changing or anything like that. Total Lash Cover gives the best length and definition and a good amount of volume, Runway Lashes gives a little more volume but not as much length and definition.