Another gorgeous release from Illamasqua. But, can we expect any less from them? I'm sure you've seen all the images by now, but this one was one of my favorites:
I love the white-painted brows and the white eyeliner, the hair, the lipstick and nails, the gloves and especially the lizard bracelet.
Plus, something about the hairstyle and the facial expressions makes me think Frau Schneider:
Aaaanyway, I have a couple of the items from the collection to review:
Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Stance. This one is described as "bright fuchsia violet gloss" and that's also spot-on. It makes me think of every neon purple nail polish I have (think Essie Perky Purple), but it doesn't look identical when I hold the bottles together. This polish also seems to have a bit of a jelly finish- more opaque (less visible nail line) than most jellies, but still has a squishy look.
Illamasqua Sealing Gel
What I liked:
- Polish colors are awesome.
- Polish formula is equally awesome.
- Shadow has good pigmentation.
- Scribe is probably the best white eyeliner I've tried.
- Sealing Gel is extremely useful.
- Awesome images and makeup artistry, as always.
- This collection also includes a teal lipstick that I have to have!
What I didn't like:
- Dry time on the polishes is slower than I'd like (when using three coats like I have on in these photos).
- The shadow didn't blend as easily/smoothly as I'd like. This is most likely due to the matte formula and it being such a heavily pigmented color.
- Scribe is the brightest and most opaque white liner I've used, but it still needs two or more coats to get the color even and completely opaque.
- Even though you get two bottles of sealing gel per box, it's still such a small amount of product. Each bottle is only 6ml/0.2 oz.
The Illamasqua Human Fundamentalism Collection is available now at Illamasqua or Sephora.
(This was sent for review.)