There's a new Kat Von D for Sephora palette out... So of course, I had to have it. I can't resist those things. They're like Kryptonite to me. Anyway, the brand new Spring 2012 palette is called Mi Vida Loca and it's a lot different from the previous Kat Von D palettes.
The Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca palette is one of the new hinged metal ones, not the old rubberized ones. It's embossed with the words "Mi Vida Loca" in a rainbow gradient. Very pretty.
The new metal palettes swing open all the way, and the lid contains a full size mirror.
The shades are: Swan Song, Marya, No Regrets, Drama For Yo Momma, Mad Max, Dublin, Sparklehorse, Altruism.
The palette also includes a mini-sized Autograph Pencil eyeliner in Wonderchild.
Swatched over bare skin, with flash and without. Swansong, Marya, No Regrets, Drama For Yo Momma, Mad Max, Dublin, Sparklehorse, Altruism.
- A lighter, more colorful palette than the usual subdued vampy shades we get from Kat Von D.
- Eyeshadows feel soft and smooth.
- Pretty packaging.
- Contains an eyeliner pencil instead of those tiny, useless brushes they used to come with.
- NO CREME SHADOWS!!!!!
- Swansong is an awesome pink/white duochrome.
- The eyeliner is smooth and has pretty good pigmentation.
What I didn't like:
- Some of the shadows feel powdery, like they may not adhere well. They also didn't seem very pigmented swatched on my arm. I have not used these on my eyes over a primer yet, so I have to reserve judgment on that.
- The metal palette feels flimsy; the spring motion is sudden and a little violent... Bad combination.
- My clasp arrived broken so my palette won't even stay closed unless I set something on top of it.
- The colors are not neon as described. They're closer to pastel than neon.
- The trough for the pencil isn't deep enough so it rolls away when the palette springs open.
Will have to test this out a little and try some looks with it. I think I have to exchange mine, though. Can't have a palette that won't stay closed!
Released alongside the Mi Vida Loca palette are these little gems:
Kat Von D High Voltage Lacquer in Wonderchild
Kat Von D High Voltage Lacquer in Sparklehorse
Kat Von D High Voltage Lacquer in No Regrets
So... off to use this palette on my eyes. Will report back!
The Mi Vida Loca palette is available now at Sephora, $34.