IT Cosmetics is going to be having their first ever Today's Special Value on QVC tomorrow (Friday, January 13th, 2012): This kit, the Complexion Perfection Anti-Aging 4-Piece Collection. Like the name says, it's a set of four items designed to help you achieve the look of flawless skin and help disguise and prevent the signs of aging.
This kit includes a brand new super-size jar Bye Bye Pores Anti-aging Silk HD Micro-Powder, a colorless translucent finishing powder that contains real silk. It feels very light and powdery when applied to the skin; this isn't the type of powder that feels like it blends in and disappears. It's fantastic at reducing shine and absorbing oil, but be careful not to over-apply. It's translucent, but it is still a powder and will give your face a white cast if too much is applied.
It feels to me like a cross between Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder (100% silica) and pure silk powder (like Everyday Minerals Silk Dust). It's light but it has a gritty feel to it and it makes a lot of dust in the air when applying with a brush or powder puff.
In addition to the new supersized powder, this kit comes with a full size Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Treatment Concealer with Collagen. The shade pictured here is Neutral Medium. This is a heavy duty concealer. It is extremely thick and hard to dispense from the tube. You should not apply this directly to your face; it's so thick and stiff that it will tug at your undereye skin unless you warm it up first. Apply a little to the back of your hand, rub it around with your finger and then apply it.
The Complexion Perfection kit also includes two full size brushes:
The Heavenly Luxe Ultra-Plush Powder Brush, which is a giant kabuki-style brush with a long handle. It is as the name describes. Heavenly, luxe and ultra plush. It's extremely soft and it feels amazing. Like fluffy bunnies on your face.
And the brand-new, dual ended Heavenly Luxe Dual Airbrush Concealer/Foundation Brush. One end has a mid-size powder-style brush with densely packed bristles. It's firm but still very soft and fluffy feeling. It's like a nicer, softer version of the Bare Escentuals Handy Buki brush. The other end is a small, dense domed brush. A little bit like a rounder, fluffier, more dense MAC 217.
I've tested out each of the products (actually my very first time trying IT Cosmetics makeup), so here's what I thought.
What I liked:
- The brushes are awesome. They're my favorite thing from the kit, The handles are large and easy to hold, the brushes themselves are super soft and feel amazing on the skin and they do a good job of applying product. I haven't used the dual brush for concealer, but the big one is awesome for powder and the large end of the dual is great for blush and bronzer.
- The powder takes away every trace of shine on my face and lasts all day.
- The powder doesn't oxidize and turn orange like some powders do.
- The tube of concealer is huge. 0.28 oz. Considering you only use a little bit of it since it's incredibly dense, it'll last ages.
- The set is a really good value; each product retails for $24-$48 alone and the kit is $49.98.
What I didn't like:
- The concealer is too dark and too orange for my skin tone. I don't know what the color options for the concealer are, but this shade is definitely for more medium toned skin.
- The concealer creased badly when used under my eyes.
- The concealer formula is stiff and hard to apply and blend.
- The concealer is sticky feeling.
- The powder feels gritty on the face when applying.
- The powder is very drying and accentuates any dry or flaky areas on my face.
- The powder adds a white veil over my skin if I have too much on my brush.
The concealer didn't work for me, but I like the other three items. I don't normally wear concealer under my eyes (or really anywhere else), so I didn't expect it to crease so badly on me. I also didn't like how heavy and waxy it felt. My favorite part of this kit is the brushes. They feel so soft and nice and they're such a perfect density, they're not floppy or scratchy at all, I really like them. I'm definitely wanting to check out the rest of their brushes now. If you were to buy each item individually, you'd be paying $186, but the entire kit is only $2 more than buying a single brush, so it's a good value if you've been wanting to try any of these products.
This kit will be QVC's Today's Special Value on January 13th, 2012, for the one-day-only price of $49.95. You can order online at qvc.com or over the phone at 1-800-345-1515, item number A220840.
(This was sent for review.)