After a few of you pointed out that the Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday (and glitter base in Candy Shop and Forget You) in the Get This Party Started set seemed like it lacked the square glitter of the original Happy Birthday, I had to take a closer look.
You're absolutely right. They're different, and it's more than just the lack of pretty square glitter. I did a quick side-by-side comparison of the original Happy Birthday and the new one:
Two coats of original release Happy Birthday
Two coats of Happy Birthday from the Get This Party Started set
One coat of original Happy Birthday over black
One coat of new Happy Birthday over black
- New version has no square glitter.
- New version has less orange and and yellow glitter, giving the overall appearance of the polish a more silver and pink look than the original.
- New version is more opaque and spreads more evenly.
- Old version is more colorful and has more variety in the glitter shapes, colors and sizes.
- New version feels more like rainbow sprinkles to me, old version seems more circus/beachball/clown colored to me.