Sugarpill recently released a brand new eyeshadow palette and it's freaking amazing. I have the other two and I love them, but wow, this one takes it to a whole new level. The palette is called Heart Breaker and it's available either as this four-pan palette I'm reviewing here, or as individual shadow singles.
Acidberry, Velocity, 2AM, Mochi
Look using Sugarpill Acidberry and Velocity.
- The shadow formula is silky and pigmented without being too hard, chalky or powdery. The texture on these seems even better than the previous two palettes.
- Seriously, the pigmentation on these is amazing.
- The colors are not your standard bright shades and they look bold and interesting on the eyes.
- The packaging is top-notch. The bright colors, the artwork and design, the sturdy construction, the thorough labeling, everything about it is perfect.
- So inexpensive for such a good product. The entire palette is only $34 and the shadows are giant.
What I didn't like:
- Acidberry tends to fade/lose intensity by the end of the day unless I apply it over a white base.
- 2AM sometimes becomes streaky/patchy when blending it. I don't know if it's because of my primer or the color itself, but it seems like it doesn't adhere evenly to the skin. I have this problem with all matte purples, though.
- Sugarpill's palettes are so good that they always seem to be sold out on the website. You may need to follow them on Facebook to know when they'll restock each time.
NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Rated R
The Sugarpill Heart Breaker palette is available directly from Sugarpill's website. It retails for $34 and is not limited edition (yay!).