Sephora's Kat Von D brand has another mini lipstick set out this holiday season featuring three shades of Painted Love lipstick and three Foiled Love shades, giving you a good way to try out a variety of Kat von D lipstick formulas and colors.
Kat Von D Star Kissed Lipstick Set for Holiday 2012
Painted Love Lipstick in Rosary, Lolita, Underage Red.
Foiled Love Lipstick in Beranice, Forever & Ever, Valentine.
Rosary - Lolita - Underage Red - Beranice - Forever & Ever - Valentine
Kat von D Painted Love Lipstick in Rosary
Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Lolita
Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Underage Red
Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Beranice
Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Forever & Ever
Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Valentine
Rosary, Lolita, Underage Red, Beranice, Forever & Ever, Valentine
The lipsticks in this set are mini-size (0.042 oz). They're quite small and cute, but still have that nice, ornate Kat Von D packaging. I've included a full-sized OPI bottle to give you an idea of scale.
What I liked:
- The set has a good variety of colors and finishes. There's vampy burgundy, classic bright red creme, glittery pink and a few other shades I probably wouldn't have tried on their own.
- The packaging is attractive and I really like the look and feel of the mini lipstick tubes.
- A set of minis is a much easier and more affordable way to try these lipsticks. Full-sized (0.11 oz) Kat Von D lipsticks are $19, this set is $28.
- The formula is smooth and the colors are opaque and long-lasting.
- I like the pointed tip on the lipsticks, it makes them easier to apply with precision.
What I didn't like:
- The formula seems dry for such pricey lipsticks.
- The Foiled Love shades aren't really foily. I hoped they would be shinier and more metallic.
- The glitter/foil flake in Valentine is pretty chunky and tends to migrate a little while I'm wearing it. Valentine also needs a few layers to become completely opaque.
- I actually really like the size of the little tiny lipstick tubes, but they are very small. It's plenty of product for me, and I'm satisfied with the size of them, but they are smaller than I thought they would be.
The Kat Von D Star Kissed Lipstick set is limited edition and retails for $28 for six 0.042 oz mini lipsticks.