Benefit has added another brow-transforming tool to their already comprehensive lineup: High Brow Glow, a shimmery counterpart to their original matte High Brow brow-lifting pencil. Instead of the brightening matte pink shade of the original, the new High Brow Glow is a soft, slightly metallic champagne for people who prefer a little shimmer.
If you've used the original High Brow, this applies the same way. You simply draw a line of it directly under your brow, following your natural arch, then blend out with your fingertips or a soft brush. You can start all the way from the inner corner of your brow and take it all the way out, or you can just put a little directly under your arch, however you like it. For added highlighting, you can even put a tiny amount just above your arch and blend it out.
The color of this is a light neutral champagne with a smooth metallic shimmer. You can adjust the amount of shimmer by blending more for a smooth glow or less for a slightly more sparkly metallic sheen.
What I liked:
- Really does brighten the eye area and visually lift the brow.
- Also very good on the inner corners of the eyes, on the cupid's bow, or as a cheekbone highlighter.
- Smooth formula is easy to blend.
- Long-wearing, lasts all day.
- Neutral shade will flatter most skintones.
- The pencil is pretty big and each application uses very little product; this thing will last a very long time with normal use.
- Cute pencil design. I love the swirls and metallic pink champagne color of it.
- It can look too shiny/shimmery if over-applied or under-blended. I don't like having a very shimmery browbone so I have to be sure to blend carefully when I use this.
- The wooden pencil can splinter when sharpening.
- Requires a large-barrel pencil sharpener. It's larger than an eyeliner pencil.
I really love the original matte High Brow and Eye Bright pencils, so it's nice to see a new shimmer version for summer. It does what it says it does, and it does it with very little effort. Nice, precise application and a smooth, creamy formula.
(This was sent for review.)